Help Me, Bubby!

Other Bubby Books at Amazon:

Bubby Irma's Kitchen
Charles

Yiddish Your Bubbe Never Taught You
Emmes

Poetry by Jewish Grandaughters
Newman

Bubbe & Gram
Hawxhurst

Bubbe's Kitchen
Waxman

My Bubbe's Arms
Reudor

Bubbie & Zeide's Favorite Language
Solomon

Bennett and His Bubbe's Beau
Feigenbaum

Click to learn more about Bubby's book

Site Disclaimer
Send your questions to helpmebubby@yahoo.com
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
   
"Listen To Bubby" | Session #1

For those of you who have ever doubted whether this is a "real grandma"... your doubting days are over.

7 lucky letter writers will be hearing something that no one else on this blog has heard before -- Bubby's advice in audio format! That's right... Instead of typing out her advice, Bubby has made special audio recordings for her readers. Keep visiting over the next two weeks to hear them all.



Dear Miss Bubby, where do I begin?

Well, I am 15 years old, already, and I have never had a boyfriend. There, I said it.

I have eczema and always wonder if that had something to do with it. But you get over these things eventually. I am constantly wondering whether there is something wrong with me. It is better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all... how true.

I used to have lots of friends so it never bothered me that I was unattractive. When someone was there for me I felt invincible. Now my friendships have expired, I don't know what happened... This is the age where people get lives, jobs, relationships...

I want to grow up, be my own person, and most of all, I don't want to be lonely anymore. But something is holding me back inside.

Please reply,
Pathetic



Dear Pathetic,

Listen to Bubby's advice to you as an wmv file (windows media player) or mp3 file.

This was recorded just for you!

3 OPINIONS ADDED

Dear Pathetic-
You're hardly pathetic! I did not date until I was a 19 year old woman and when I did, WOW! Was I glad!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

thankyou so much!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:05 AM  

I remember being 15 and thinking that too and it made me so sad. On my 16th b-day I asked G-d for a boyfriend and did NOT get one, and I thought I would never get one. On my 17th b-day I asked G-d AGAIN and this time he/she sent me one (maybe to shut me up ;) and then on y 18th b-day I BEGGED G-d to take him back!!

sometimes it isn't time and being happy where you are is the best choice to make. When you do get a boyfriend, make sure it is because you like him AND HE IS NICE TO YOU, not just because you don't want to not have one (when it feels like everyone else does).

Enjoy "before" you met him... that way you won't regret having wasted the freedom to just be "you"... once you are a couple, your life is different, you need to do what both of you want and make all your choices together, you might miss the days you could just make your choices for you. Enjoy now, now, and then you can enjoy later when it comes.

AND YES YOU WILL HAVE ONE AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY TOGETHER... but sometimes you'll ask G-d to take him back too! :) :) :)

love,

Michele (in Montreal, Canada)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

"Help Me, Bubby!" Disclaimer
By submitting a letter to this website, you grant Help Me, Bubby! permission to publish it on this site or elsewhere including print publications. Your letter will only include an anonymous signature that you provide or that we use to substitute for your real name. Your email address will never be included or distributed. Due to the large number of letters received, there is no guarantee that a letter will be responded to. Any information or advice given at Help Me, Bubby! is not intended to provide an alternative to professional medical treatment or to replace the advice or services of a physician or psychiatrist. Neither Bubby nor her granddaughters are professional therapists or medical experts. If you have any serious medical or mental problem, please consult a professional. Although all this advice is offered lovingly from the heart and in good spirit, we are not responsible in any way for your decision to accept or reject the advice or the results thereafter.

Powered by Blogger FeedBurner.com Logo

Click to learn more about Bubby's book


Bubby is our 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 94 year old grandmother.
A few years ago we introduced her to the internet and we've been getting daily e-mails from her ever since. When she was 87, we began this website. We now believe she is the oldest blogger on the Internet.

Whether Bubby is reminding us that boyfriends do not substitute for warm jackets in the winter, or that it's better to receive a compliment than a brick, she always has something to say to her granddaughters.

Now with this new website, Bubby can finally share her wisdom with the rest of the world. And she's excited about it! (Which confuses us, because she used to say we were all she needed.)

Hopefully this will be as much fun for new readers as it will surely be for her. And if not, well, as Bubby says, it will all come out in the wash.

So, are you looking for advice on food, work, a broken heart, or the perfect bat mitzvah present?

But no dirty words allowed or you'll only get one matzah ball.


Bald and oblivious
Denim diagnosis
Girls are weird
Halloween ideas
I smell him from here
I'm gonna marry you
How to meet a man
Nerds go far
Political predictions
Sloppy spouse
Tastes like chicken



Voted "Blog Of Note" on Blogger.com (2003)
4-star Review from The Weblog Review (1.5.04)
Voted "Blog Of The Day" by The Blog Hunter
Voted "Blog Of The Day" by Eugene.com
Featured in the Tampa Tribune online
Featured in USA TODAY (4.22.04)
Bubby's first radio interview - 96.5 WOXL (5.4.04)
JewsWeek Jewriffic Award: "Best blog of the week" (6.6.04)
New York Times: Letter to the Editor (6.11.04)
Jerusalem Post: Feature article (7.2.04)
Interview for Akron, Ohio newspaper (aug.'04)
Golden Web Page Award (dec.'04)
Reader's Digest article, "Me Me Media" (july.'05)
Netscape.com: "Alternative Site of the Day" (aug.'05)
AARP Magazine article: July/August 2006 issue
Listed as "Cool Site Of The Day": (7.27.06)
O Globo Online: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (aug.'06)

Bubby on itunes
Holding Myself Back
Where's My Glory?
End Of The World
Overprotected
17 And Pregnant
The Other Woman
Grandma Troubles



Other Jewish Bloggers:
80-year old Millie
Nice Jewish Doctor
Send us your links!


Creative Commons License
All content and images
on this website are
licensed under a
Creative Commons License.