Help Me, Bubby!

Other Bubby Books at Amazon:

Bubby Irma's Kitchen
Charles

Yiddish Your Bubbe Never Taught You
Emmes

Poetry by Jewish Grandaughters
Newman

Bubbe & Gram
Hawxhurst

Bubbe's Kitchen
Waxman

My Bubbe's Arms
Reudor

Bubbie & Zeide's Favorite Language
Solomon

Bennett and His Bubbe's Beau
Feigenbaum

Click to learn more about Bubby's book

Site Disclaimer
Send your questions to helpmebubby@yahoo.com
Monday, August 24, 2009
   
Reader Update!

In July of 2006, we received a letter from a 29-year old woman with a broken heart. And this wasn't the first time she had to pick up the pieces.

She and her fiance were supposed to be married in 2005, but he called it off and they parted ways. 6 months later he found his way back to her, begged for forgiveness, re-proposed, and she accepted. A few months went by and he called off the wedding again. But of course he kept her dangling and her hopes for a third reunion remained high.

When you hear a story like this, you want to yell from the rooftops, "FORGET HIM!" But as we all know, the heart can be hard-of-hearing sometimes. And this girl needed some advice. Leave it to Bubby to set things straight.

Bubby wasted no time referring to this man as an "immature fellow." She wrote, "I recommend you forget him and if he calls, just tell him the party is over... There are many fish in the sea and I am sure there is one who is looking for you... Life with this person will never happen. I wish you all the happiness in the world."

Even an anonymous commenter left a note saying: "Bubby's quite right. If he breaks it off once, and comes back, and all's well, fine. We all make mistakes, and we all have doubts. If he breaks it off twice?! Run, and never look back."

There is nothing we love more at this website than an update letter with a happy ending. So we are pleased to report that nearly 3 years to the date of this original posting, we heard from this woman again.

What do you think happened? Did he finally grow a pair? Did she learn her lesson? Did she take Bubby's advice?" Read on to find out...


Dear Bubby,

I wanted to write to up-date you and to thank you for the very good advice you gave me some three years ago now. My then fiance had called off our wedding for the second time and I was so distressed. You said I should forget this immature person who had wasted so much of my time.

I took your advice and it really really worked out! After deciding to end all contact with my ex-fiance, I worked hard on my career and found a fantastic new job. The very first month I met a colleague in another department and, in time, we fell in love. We married last year and are now expecting our first child.

With my ex, everything was difficult. With my now husband, everything is easy - we can really talk and he is so kind, fun and gentle. And, he was, from the beginning, absolutely sure about me. He is also supportive of my career as we work in the same field, something my ex never was. Really, he just cares deeply about my happiness and I couldn't imagine that I could ever love someone as much as I love him.

I never would have found this wonderful man if I hadn't taken your advice.

Anyway, just to thank you. Writing to you and receiving your sensible response was a great comfort to me then, and I am so grateful I listened to your wisdom.

Wishing you and your family every happiness,
No longer 'Heart-broken all over again.'



Thank you!!
xo, the granddaughters and

9 OPINIONS ADDED

Dear grandma,



I am Enrique S Gordula 36 yr old born on March 10,1973 Siniloan Laguna Philippines .

I am a Registered Mechanical Engineer here in PI but sad to say I am not as successful

As with other people though I had achieved of becoming an Engineer I was not blessed

With a good job and as of this very day I am still unemployed ,whatever effort I did

I still don’t get the job related with my education and I am afraid I could no longer use

My knowledge because I am getting older and older; my age is not on my side I wonder

Why am i having this kind of situation which sometimes I thought of having been forsaken,

I don’t know what is happening with my life , will you please give me an advice on what to

to or how to do it to get rid all of these bad luck and karma.

Want to hear from you soon……


Thank you very much,

Sincerely yours,

Enrique S. Gordula

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM  

what a wonderful story that ends in happiness. i wish mine will get there soon.

By Blogger misty windows, at 4:05 AM  

Dear granny,
What do I do if I'm scared of real paranormal activity and not the movies?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

I'm so alone. I block my self off from the world. I don't no why, but I just want a companion. Help me help myself

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

You guys present there are performing an excellent job. 12 week mastery review

By Blogger mana76445, at 3:42 AM  

Hope you always have a fullfiling live, even if you really are a grandma :)

have a nice day

By Anonymous Cara pemesanan M-Bio Porasi, at 11:50 AM  

I was amazed at how deeply you feel about someone.

By Anonymous Pupuk Bawang Merah, at 11:15 AM  

Hope you are always blessed, bubby

By Anonymous Membuat Pupuk Organik dari Sampah Rumah Tangga, at 10:06 AM  

god bless you, bubby

By Anonymous Membuat Pupuk Sayuran Sendiri, at 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

"Help Me, Bubby!" Disclaimer
By submitting a letter to this website, you grant Help Me, Bubby! permission to publish it on this site or elsewhere including print publications. Your letter will only include an anonymous signature that you provide or that we use to substitute for your real name. Your email address will never be included or distributed. Due to the large number of letters received, there is no guarantee that a letter will be responded to. Any information or advice given at Help Me, Bubby! is not intended to provide an alternative to professional medical treatment or to replace the advice or services of a physician or psychiatrist. Neither Bubby nor her granddaughters are professional therapists or medical experts. If you have any serious medical or mental problem, please consult a professional. Although all this advice is offered lovingly from the heart and in good spirit, we are not responsible in any way for your decision to accept or reject the advice or the results thereafter.

Powered by Blogger FeedBurner.com Logo

Click to learn more about Bubby's book


Bubby is our 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 94 year old grandmother.
A few years ago we introduced her to the internet and we've been getting daily e-mails from her ever since. When she was 87, we began this website. We now believe she is the oldest blogger on the Internet.

Whether Bubby is reminding us that boyfriends do not substitute for warm jackets in the winter, or that it's better to receive a compliment than a brick, she always has something to say to her granddaughters.

Now with this new website, Bubby can finally share her wisdom with the rest of the world. And she's excited about it! (Which confuses us, because she used to say we were all she needed.)

Hopefully this will be as much fun for new readers as it will surely be for her. And if not, well, as Bubby says, it will all come out in the wash.

So, are you looking for advice on food, work, a broken heart, or the perfect bat mitzvah present?

But no dirty words allowed or you'll only get one matzah ball.


Bald and oblivious
Denim diagnosis
Girls are weird
Halloween ideas
I smell him from here
I'm gonna marry you
How to meet a man
Nerds go far
Political predictions
Sloppy spouse
Tastes like chicken



Voted "Blog Of Note" on Blogger.com (2003)
4-star Review from The Weblog Review (1.5.04)
Voted "Blog Of The Day" by The Blog Hunter
Voted "Blog Of The Day" by Eugene.com
Featured in the Tampa Tribune online
Featured in USA TODAY (4.22.04)
Bubby's first radio interview - 96.5 WOXL (5.4.04)
JewsWeek Jewriffic Award: "Best blog of the week" (6.6.04)
New York Times: Letter to the Editor (6.11.04)
Jerusalem Post: Feature article (7.2.04)
Interview for Akron, Ohio newspaper (aug.'04)
Golden Web Page Award (dec.'04)
Reader's Digest article, "Me Me Media" (july.'05)
Netscape.com: "Alternative Site of the Day" (aug.'05)
AARP Magazine article: July/August 2006 issue
Listed as "Cool Site Of The Day": (7.27.06)
O Globo Online: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (aug.'06)

Bubby on itunes
Holding Myself Back
Where's My Glory?
End Of The World
Overprotected
17 And Pregnant
The Other Woman
Grandma Troubles



Other Jewish Bloggers:
80-year old Millie
Nice Jewish Doctor
Send us your links!


Creative Commons License
All content and images
on this website are
licensed under a
Creative Commons License.